Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Alright...so I haven't been on for a while!!

Here's the update... =D
2009
October: I turned 21!! YAY!!! =P nothing exciting really happened...Didn't go out partying or gambling haha.

November: My brother's farewell!! I'm so proud of Nate. He was called to the Mesa, AZ mission (Spanish speaking). Funny I know...I live here. It's cool though having him so "close". He has been here about a month and so far loves it!! He has grown in leaps and bounds!! I'm so thankful for him choosing to go on a mission. His decision has strengthened my testimony!! Here is just a little section of one of his letters..."I want to give you the same challenge as I gave the others and Everyone! Read and Pray each day as a family about the Book of Mormon. Through that book I have seen miracles! It is never bad or a waste of time to re-confirm our testimony about the Book of Mormon. Through it I PROMISE you, it WILL help you out in the struggles you are going through right now!" Powerful. I love reading his letters. Each one is filled with the spirit! He will be an amazing missionary =D!!


December: I got a new little puppy!! YAY! She is so so cute. Her name is Missy, she's a Dachshund and about 4 months old now (6 wks when we got her). She has quite the little personality, definitely a mamma's girl hahaha. Had a wonderful Christmas...
2010
January: Well right as it turned midnight on News Years Eve...Tyler's job told him they were laying him off. With the way the economy is right now, AZ had to cut there budget and let go about 100 people in security. He hadn't been working there that long so he got laid-off. It's been two months now and still no work. No one is hiring right now, it's really hard for people to find jobs even if they have a degree of some kind. So we pulled out our retirement early (bad I know) and used it for him to take some school classes. He is currently working on his EMT. He wants to be a paramedic, but ultimately a firefighter! So we're excited for him to finish. That will be a good career. Also in January, I quit working as a manager at McDonald's and now I currently have two jobs. Every other day I do taxes for Jackson Hewitt and then the other days I am a tech at a Physical Therapy office. I love my new jobs! Right now I only have Sundays off and I work about 55-60 hours a week to pay for all the bills until Tyler finds work. So yes I am very busy! Hence the reason I never update my blog or facebook haha.


February: Little Missy was running in through the sliding door from the backyard and caught her foot on the lip of the door and broke her little toe! =( So she currently has a huge cast on! It really does look very funny, sad, but funny...

...and right now I just keep busy working and Tyler is still trying to find a job. So if ya hear of any openings let us know! Hope everyone is having a wonderful year so far!!




No comments:

Post a Comment